Health promotion, as defined by the World Health Organization, is “the science and art of helping people change their lifestyle to move toward a state of optimal health.” Individuals, health professionals, teachers, and community groups can take advantage of health observances and awareness days to sponsor health promotion campaigns and events to stimulate knowledge of various health risks, or focus on disease prevention.
Here are a few tips:
- Put your stamp of uniqueness on a program through the promotions and incentives you use.
- Send invitations creatively packaged to tie in with the campaign theme.
- Change messages every week of the campaign to make it newsworthy.
- Award prizes donated by community merchants, and give them free publicity in your campaign materials. Award t-shirts, tote bags, water bottles, visors, sweat bands, gift certificates, etc.
- Spread the word and never miss an opportunity to put your logo on items that will reach your target audience.
- Have a nutrition campaign, give out aprons, recipe cards, and magnets.
For national or state observances visit http://www.health.gov/nhic and http://www.healthfinder.gov/nho/. Visit our planning calendar for popular observances in health and other areas. For the latest and greatest in promotional items and apparel, we’re promoting custom printed tees and promotional items… If you have an upcoming event, visit us for free shipping and low minimum quantities… check our specials as well.